Graduates in engineering and related disciplines will find a unique environment as research associates with us: They will be responsible for challenging projects with a high degree of independence and development opportunities, and at the same time have the opportunity to earn a doctorate at one of the best-regarded institutions in production engineering. This opportunity to combine professional, cross-industry and responsibility-related breadth of professional experience on the one hand and scientific depth on the other is what sets us apart.
Our scientific employees are active in four different fields with a high degree of personal responsibility: consulting, research, continuing education and training. In this way, they develop different professional, methodological and personal skills depending on the context. A well-rounded mix of safe terrain and the famous cold water that makes our overall package so valuable and unique.
Take a look at our open positions as a scientific employee
Our employees are challenged and supported professionally and personally from the very beginning. The preparation, management and implementation of industry-related research projects as well as development and consulting projects for industry ranging from medium-sized companies to large corporations are part of the everyday work of every scientific employee. Each of our employees feels responsible for identifying and answering precisely those questions that affect the manufacturing industry today and tomorrow. We regularly put our findings to the test in front of specialists and managers at numerous continuing education events at the WZLforum. In this way, individual employees can gain intensive, diverse insights into different industries and companies at an early stage, gain extensive project experience there and build up their own network for the future.
Here, once again, is a summary of all the advantages of working at Werkzeugmaschinenlabor WZL:
- Research activity from the beginning, with the aim to take over the project management with operational responsibility in the first 1-2 years at the institute.
- Subsequent structured PhD plan with a PhD duration of 2-3 years.
- Management of staff from the beginning:
- as research assistant
(leadership of student assistants, leadership responsibility up to approx. 3 persons)
- as group leader
(leadership of research assistants, leadership responsibility up to approx. 10-15 persons)
- as head of department
(management of scientific and permanent staff, management responsibility up to approx. 50 persons)
- as research assistant
- Young colleagues and dynamic working environment
- Worldwide reputation of the WZL in the entire spectrum of production technology
- Development of an extensive personal network in industry and research, which can be drawn on throughout the career and when changing jobs
- Targeted further training of own competencies by external trainers during the time at the institute in the topics of project management, negotiation and acquisition as well as personnel management.
- Project mix of publicly funded and industry-funded projects, so that both academic and industrial careers are open to you
- Secure employment even in times of economic turmoil